Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Control them or Bribe them?




So I struggle with taking my two crazy boys shopping with me. Last time I went I swore I would never take them out in public again. It was so embarrassing. The last outing we went to the grocery store A was climbing all over the car cart almost falling to his death numerous times. He was dragging on the ground, yelling and fighting with his brother. When I Finally got to the register and thought I made it to the home stretch he escaped and climbed on the returned carts and was running on them. Then he decided to climb on the $25 toy vending machine. The store manager was like,"Oh! I hope he doesn't fall." I felt like walking out of the store looking at him like everyone else and saying,"Whose hellion is that?" .....oh....But it was MINE so I hurried and finished ringing up and grabbed my daredevil and went on my way and made a vow to never return with them again. But as time went on and we ran out of milk, bread, eggs and heaven forbid CEREAL. I had to go again and Sean was out of town so I took them again. But this time I had a plan. We got into the store and the first thing we went to is the bakery and we picked out our bribe-cookies and I told them they couldn't have them until we were done shopping. Oh I think the Heavens opened and replaced my two children with angels. What a pleasant experience! I am sold. Peace has returned to the DeGrey Home.

1 comment:

  1. You are a smart Mama. And not alone. (I do this as well, with your kids and mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete