Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Spanish Fork Kite Festival
















On Friday night we went to the Kite Festival. It was awesome! The boys loved it. They had a little station where you could make your own kite. Those kites actually worked pretty good. Both the boys were able to fly their own. They were so proud of themselves. The boys were playing in the sand and we wanted to go up to another section before it got too dark. So I gather up the boys and get them dressed and walk out of the sand part of the reservoir and started walking on the cement part. So I had the boys walk down the cement to dip their feet off and clean the sand off so they could put shoes on. So I helped A and got his shoes on and T went to do it by himself. But he went in too deep. I told him to stop because their was moss and he was going to slip but of course he didn't listen and Slipping He Did. He was in the water and laughing but scared so I tried to lean in and grab him but he was to far away. So I stepped a little further into the water and step right onto the moss and there I go into the water. I flew into water fully clothed right past T, slipping on the moss the whole way. So I swim back to T and try to get him out and we both just kept slipping on moss and laughing. So I had to end up throwing him as hard I could and told him to swim so he could land by the cement and so Jess could catch him. After T was safe and sound I just swam over and Jess helped me out. We were both dripping wet in our clothes. We were entrainment for all the people sitting around the reservoir and my family. So when your cold and sopping wet what better of a treat to get than a Hawaiian snow cone with ice cream in the bottom. bbrrrrrrr! We ate that and played on a few more activities then I had to run to the Spanish Fork all night softball tournament and the kids stayed with my mom, Natalie and Jess. They had a night flight for the kites over the reservoir. The Kites had colorful lights all over them. The kids loved it. We will definitely go next year. We had a great time.

2 comments:

  1. lol, that is a great story!!! hopefully you will go again next year just skip the swimming part:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my boy! He is so big and grown up! Your posts are so cute and I love the updates on the boys. When do I get them again?

    ReplyDelete