Saturday, April 10, 2010

Baby Preston





Wednesday, March 31st, 2010 came and around 4a.m. I was awoken with some Labor Pains and Contractions. They never really stopped since Sunday. To say the least I was exhausted! But I didn't want to go back and just be sent right back home. Plus I felt bad that I was wasting everyone's time. So I just wanted to make good and sure that I was in Labor this time. So after I got the boys out of the house, to school and work, I went downstairs and walked on my treadmill for 2 miles. Thinking this will move the process along...Nope. So I showered, went to the grocery store, cleaned up the house and ran some errands. Meanwhile having discomfort and PAIN. So I get home and thought I will just lay down and rest for a bit and time these babies. They were 3 -5 min. apart and lasting still the 60 - 90 seconds. I have C-Sections so I thought well I do live 45 min. away from the hospital maybe I should probably just go in. So 3p.m. I pack up the boys and my things and go pick up my mom and we head to the hospital. As I was driving the contractions were 2 - 3 min. apart and increasing in PAIN. Yes, I was driving. I wanted to keep my mind off the pain. I think every contractions, the petal hit the metal. Never get behind the wheel intoxicated or in labor. Dangerous!!! I thought holy smokes maybe I waiting to long. So Tara picked the kids at the hospital and I go up admit myself at 4p.m. They check me I'm STILL dialated to a 2! I was so mad. They are like well your the same so if you don't change a little while you here then you aren't in Labor. I was thinking well I would hate to know what Labor pains felt like because I'm going to DIE or put my fist through the wall....It HURTS!! So I start walking around, doing jumping jacks, dancing, practically anything I can to dialate just one more centimeter. My parents were just sitting in my room watching and laughing at me. I was just getting more and more frustrated. So at 7p.m. they check me again .... No, change. I thought oh please just knock me out I can't handle this and the HECK if your sending me home. You can't make me leave. They call the doctor and he finally decideds that he will take the baby at 8p.m. Yeah!!! Victorious!
So we call Sean to come down to the hospital because he was working until the last minute. It is his busy time of the year. They wheel me in to the O.R. and I get up on the table and they give me Meds. Oh sweet relief. I was a bit more scared on this one but everything went well. It took a bit longer and there was one complication but other than that it went great. So they pull the baby out and the whole time I'm wondering what is it going to be. It has to be a girl, this has been such a harder and different pregnancy. But what do I hear the doctor say,"It's a boy!" I even said out loud it was suppose to be a girl. Our other two boys had to go right into the NICU for not breathing when they were born. But Preston came out just a screaming. Oh the tears overflowed. I was so happy to have a healthy little boy.
It is Perfect to have 3 boys. I'm a good boy mom. He is beautiful and such a good baby. He hardly ever cries and he is so alert and holds his head up. I'm so blessed and my heart it just overflowing.
After they pulled the baby out I said to the doctor my hands are itching, my eyes and ears are itching, my lips and tongue feel weird and then I was out. I awoke in my room with my arms being held down. My skin looked like I had a 2nd degree sunburn, I had hives all over my body. And I couldn't stop itching. My face felt like it was burning. I was going CRAZY! I was like what the heck is wrong with me. I guess I had a huge allergic reaction to the Morphine. So as you can see in the picture I was pretty swollen. The swelling continued into the night and the next day. Too bad I didn't get a picture. I was a sight. Things we go through for our babies!?! But all is well and I have a wonderful new little guy and I'm SO Happy! Preston looks exactly like A as a baby.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had to go through the labor pains and hives to top it off! OUCH!!! I can't stand either. I hear you, thank heavens for medication! Sorry I haven't been up to see you yet. Life seems to be crazy and I just need to take the time out of the day to come up. Preston looks absolutely adorable. I'm so glad he is healthy and a good baby for you guys. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He is really cute. Glad to hear that things went well with the delivery. I have one month left and I'm terrified!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am shocked that they made you go into labor! With Canon I got to the hospital and 2 hours later they had me all stitched up. I never had a single contraction, but I guess that was because he tore a huge hole in the bag of water. Maybe?

    Anyway, Congratulations! I was thinking, while looking at those pictures, "Wow, Monica looks amazing. Are people really allowed to look that good just before and after having a baby?" Imagine my shock when you mentioned your swelling.

    You look super and Preston is handsome. Huge congrats!

    ReplyDelete