Friday, April 9, 2010

The day finally ARRIVED





So.... Although I am sure Monica feels the same way about the little Preston being born, I am going to give a little insight to my side. As many of you know this is our third and we don't find out what we are having, that is, until they pull the baby out. ha ha. Anyway, so we all had bets on what gender the baby would be, 2 votes for boy and billions for a girl. I say billions because Monica and her family tend to lean on the chinese calendar for their wisdom. Aren't their billions of chinese? This has been the hardest pregnancy yet, the baby was lower and her left pinky toe would tingle so it stands to reason that it would be a girl, oh and the chinese calendar said it would be. A our youngest, at the time, now the middle child, for those of you who can't do the math, has said since the beginning that it was a boy and since no one would hang with him on it I did what any good dad would do and stood behind him 100%. To his credit he never waivered even when they would try to manipulate his answer. He's only three you guys. He had made his decision and that was it and as it turns out, IT'S A BOY. Thanks for leading the charge buddy.
Can I just say that I was and still am so happy the day had finally arrived. When they pulled little Preston out of the womb and announced he was a boy Monica had a look of defeat and then He cried unlike any other and looks of defeat turned to gratitude and feeling overwhelmingly blessed. Up to this point, I was going mad. We had spent 4 hrs at the hospital on sunday and in my frustration I told the nurse to get the Dr. in here and gut her. Not like a deer but a C-section is something closely related to that operation, I have performed on many a patients.... My patients ended up in the freezer and eventually on the BBQ. That was a side note to help illustrate my use of the term "gut". How did I do?
Although I would love to have a daughter, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love this little guy. I often wonder how I could love another like the two I already have? There is no doubt he has an equal share... maybe a little more because he can't talk back to me or break anything he knows he shouldn't. Thank you everyone for helping out where we needed it and for taking the kids all the time, grandma MK grandma Happy and tara and everyone else.
Today is a great day for the DeGrey's. Thank you Monica for organizing, then reorganizing, then rereorganizing then disorganizing and reorganizing again. I Love you for all that you do for the Family even though I knew exactly where my things were before all the organizing and now I have no clue.

4 comments:

  1. sean you are so funny! write more posts! not that you aren't hilarious too monica. congrats guys - he's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He is beautiful, um, I mean handsome. Good post too, husbands should write the post-delivery post, it was great to read your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! He is very handsome!

    PS I am a big believer in the Chinese Birth Calendar. I am 4 for 4.

    ReplyDelete