Monday, December 7, 2009

Cutting a Christmas Tree












We decided to go and cut down a Christmas Tree the day after Thanksgiving. This year we invited my parents. We thought they needed a little fresh air since they have been inside constantly taking care of Jess from his accident. So we had our annual Ebleskiver feast. Which was super tasty, I might add. Then we packed a lunch and headed up to the mountains. We got a late start, as we were headed up the canyon we passed like 25 trucks full of beautiful Christmas trees. We were worried it was going to be too crowded up there and all the good trees were going to be gone. Oh No, when we pulled up to the usually spot nobody was in sight and there were millions of trees to choose from.
We had a blast. We hiked up the mountain, which was a little difficult with my big belly and trying to carry A on my back. But we made it to a level spot and decided to cross hill from there on out. Sean went on an eternal quest for our tree. And boy did he find a gem. It is amazing. Good job honey. You're the GREATEST!! My dad found a tree for my Grandma first so he cut that one down, then we saw a honey hole of trees for them to choose from back down the mountain.So we decided to slide down to get them. My dad ever so gently slide my grandma's tree down first and then I followed. He wanted to take real good care of the tree as too not break any of the branches. T went first and I followed and I thought I was under control with A on my lap. Trying to use my feet as a brake. But Oh No!!! I slide completely out of control like 35 feet down the hill and luckily we ran into something and we were stopped. Oh but wait the something I ran into was T and into was my Grandma's Christmas Tree. We took his feet right out from under him. Oopps!?! Sorry dad. It was pretty funny. It was some good times. I can't wait to go next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment